Brief Job Description for a Volunteer Farm Adviser
Place of work:Balikumbat Ngoketunjia Division of North West : Region
· Long term plans for the farm
· Annual plan of work for the farm (activity by activity)
· Scheduling when to acquire and plant particular seeds depending on season
· Programming to supply farm products booked by clients within time limits
¨ Application of insecticides, etc
· Quarterly plans of work
· Weekly plans
2. Project Coordination
· Be the overseer of the project and control all activities including work allocation to other
3. Project Implementation
· Carry out farm activities with other workers
· Working in Tree Domestication Project (doing grafting, marcotting & rooting of cuttings)
· Working on Rapid Multiplication of Plantain/Banana suckers
· Nursery maintenance (working with propagators, etc)
· Working in the organic farm (applying varying methods to improve on soil fertility to
increase farm output), sowing seeds, field planting and harvesting.
· Organising training workshops with farmers on various topics in agriculture
· Helping farmers to run their agricultural projects profitably.
· Labelling plants in the nursery and maintaining corresponding records of all plants and their
stages of development in the office record book
· Maintaining a record on the acquisition and use of farm materials and equipment like poly
pots, seeds, hoes, cutlasses, etc.
· Maintaining production and delivery inventories of crops
· Maintaining a record of daily activities in the farm
· Financial Records for the farm
5. Monitoring and Evaluation
· Develop and apply a simplified monitoring system for the farm
· Work out a minimum amount of recordings that will help gather the necessary
· Incorporate monitoring techniques at different levels of the project cycle
· Looking at the longer-term objectives, are they being achieved?
· Collecting and processing necessary information
· Relevance: Are the objectives actually matching the identified problems and needs? i.e.
whether the “why” of the project was a good one.
· Impact Assessment: Evaluating the impact of a chosen project
· Cost-effectiveness of the project
· Sustainability: Are there any lasting benefits of the project?
· Communicating the findings and recommendations made
· Feeding lessons back into the next round of planning. i.e. introducing corrective measures
in order to get better results.
· Planning the funding needs for the farm project
· Finding the funding agencies for the project (internet, embassies, etc)
· Developing a project proposal
· Applying for the funds for components of the project or so
· Implementation of project components
· Building cooperation with the funding organisation
· Writing monthly reports of work to CAEPA Office in Bamenda
· Writing evaluation reports of the farm projects highlighting strengths, weaknesses and
proposing corrective measures for better management
· Writing an overall report at the end of the volunteerism
9. Do other work that is related to the farm project
· E.g. Attend network meetings